Technical Project Manager
We are integrators of automated systems with over 75 employees working in the fields of process control, manufacturing control, robotic solutions, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) and software development. Founded in 2001, our customer base has proven to be loyal and is constantly growing. Our customer base spans various fields, such as pharmaceutical, food and dairy, cement, tires and more. PCI is recognized as an employer of choice with a strong organizational culture and a work environment conductive to professional growth.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with proven experience in the field of industrial automation. The project manager will be responsible for the technical management and execution of the project as well as the management of the relationship with his clients. He will typically take care of a few projects with a small number of clients due to his technical involvement in his project and his experience as a project manager.
The following list summarize the tasks associated with this position according to the categories:
Project management (20 %)
- Definition of project needs in collaboration with the client;
- Monitoring of project progress and compliance with budgets and deadlines;
- Monitoring of invoicing and project hours;
- Establishment of a project team according to the needs of the mandate;
- Organization and animation of project meetings;
- Communication with other team members, internal and external.
- Active participation in the execution of projects;
- Programming of PLCs, HMIs and SCADA;
- Program testing before start-up at the customer's site;
- Testing of control panels at the manufacturer's shop;
- Supervision of the control system installation at the customer's site;
- Start-up of the control system at the plant;
- Training of the customer's operators or technicians;
- Production support after start-up.
- Participation in sales efforts with its customers;
- Needs assessment during customer visits;
- Preparation of a service offer under the supervision of its director;
- Follow-up with its customers for present and future projects.
We are offering you a position where you will have the opportunity to grow as you gain experience, according to your aspirations. We have served our clients for several years, some since the very beginning in 2001, it is also the kind of long term relationship that we seek with our employees.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in electrical engineering, automated manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience;
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in the field of industrial automation;
- Member of l'Ordre des Ingénieurs - an advantage;
- Experience in PLC programming;
- Good knowledge of industrial control systems;
- Knowledge of SCADA software - an advantage;
- Knowledge of various industries - an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative communication skills;
- French and English functional.
Role may involve travel, driver's license, automobile and valid passport will be required.
Note: The use of the masculine in the text is for the sole purpose of lightening the content.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses