Software Technical Support
PCI is looking for an junior MES programmer to join its support team for a major project. The junior MES programmer will contribute to the troubleshooting of the production systems, the analysis of the root causes and their solutions.You will participate in the design, evaluation and proposal of solutions based on the customer’s needs and problems encountered at the different customer sites.
We offer you a position where you will have the opportunity to grow as you gain experience, according to your aspirations. We have been serving our customers for many years, some since the very beginning in 2001, so it is also the kind of long-term relationship we are looking for with our employees.
The full-time position is paid on an hourly basis with overtime paid at 1.5 times your hourly wage. The shifts are twelve hours separated between day or night. The work schedule is planned over 4 weeks and we offer night premium and retention premiums.
Roles and responsability
In his role as Junior MES Developer, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Take MES support calls from the customer;
- Analyze the problem and propose a solution to resolve the problem;
- If the nature of the problem requires it, contact another resource and explain the problem to them for assistance;
- Communicate with other team members to ensure an efficient transition when changing shifts;
- Assist the development team with certain tasks when there are no problems to resolve during the shift;
- Document new procedures related to the position or product;
- All other related tasks related to his position.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate to join our PCI Response team. You must be creative to find functional solutions and have a passion for learning new technologies.
The position requires the following qualifications:
- College diploma in management information technology or other relevant programs and experiences
- Bilingual French and English language spoken and written
The chosen candidate will have the following knowledge:
- SQL programming language;
- Object-oriented programming with the following languages: C #, VB, .Net;
- Microsoft Excel and macros;
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and SCADA – an advantage;
- GE Proficy suite (Historian, Workflow, Plant Applications) – an advantage;
- Ideally, the candidate has been previously exposed to ERP systems;
- Ideally, have already been exposed to Agile methodologies;
- Teleworking at all times
- We are looking for 1 candidate for nights (Monday - Wednesday)
- We are looking for 1 candidate for weekends (Friday - Sunday)
Note: The masculine gender is used to make the text more readable.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Bicycle culture
- Social activities that include the legendary happy hour and events that welcome spouses