Software Project Manager
The software project manager's role is to carry out the project and coordinate a multidisciplinary project team. He ensures the technical and contractual management of the projects and, according to his level of confidence, the management of the relationship with the customer. He participates in planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating projects from start to finish.
Roles and responsability
- Define needs, in collaboration with the client;
- Lead and participate in project meetings;
- Set up a team, in collaboration with its director, according to the needs of the project;
- Communicate project details to the team;
- Monitor the progress of its projects to ensure that the schedule and on budget are respected;
- Participates in sales efforts with his client;
- Perform any other related tasks related to this description.
For this position, eight (8) to ten (10) years of relevant experience is required.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in electrical engineering, automated manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience ;
- Good knowledge of industrial project management methods;
- Agile method;
- Critical path method;
- Computer literacy - an asset;
- Knowledge of automation - an asset;
- Knowledge of various industries - an asset;
- Advanced French and English, because the client is American.
- Most of the work is done in Montreal, but you must be able to travel outside of the region when required. The role may involve travel. A driver's license, a car and a valid passport will be required.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Bicycle culture
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses