We are integrators of automated systems with over 65 employees working in the fields of process control, manufacturing control, robotics, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) and software development. Founded in 2001, our customer base has proven to be loyal and is constantly growing. Our customer base spans various fields, such as pharmaceutical, food and dairy, cement, tires and more.
The project manager's role is to carry out a project and coordinate a multidisciplinary project team. He ensures the technical and contractual management of the projects and, according to his level of confidence, the management of the relationship with the customer. He participates in planning, organizing, executing, controlling and evaluating projects from start to finish.
We are looking for an engineer with proven experience as a project manager in a technical field. For this position, relevant experience of eight to ten years is required.
As project manager, you will ensure the technical and contractual management of the projects. You will participate in the technical execution of the projects when needed, while respecting the project management obligations.
The following list summarizes the tasks associated with this position:
• Define needs, in collaboration with the client;
• Lead the project meetings;
• Assemble a team, in collaboration with your director, according to the needs of the project;
• Communicate the details of the project to the team;
• Act as a technical reference for the project team;
• Find internal or external technical resources to supplement the team's knowledge;
• Follow the progress of your projects to ensure that the schedule and the budget are respected;
• Approve time and expense sheets for your projects;
• Ensure invoices are issued at the right time;
• Follow up with the administration to ensure that invoices are paid according to terms and inform your director if there are problems;
• Participate in the execution of projects (programming, electrical design, commissioning, etc.) according to the needs of the project;
• Participates in sales efforts with your customers (preparation of proposals, customer service).
We are looking for a motivated candidate who wants to play an important role in our team. You will have to show creativity to find functional solutions. We want a candidate that has a passion for learning new technologies.
You will be responsible for delivering functional projects, while respecting performance criteria, budgets and deadlines.
The chosen candidate will have the following knowledge:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience;
• Knowledge of automation and the manufacturing environment;
• Have leadership, judgment, rigour and good work organization;
• Ability to build relationships and show good interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
• Knowledge of various industries - an advantage;
• Advanced French and English, both written and spoken.
Most of the work is done in Montreal, but you must be able to travel outside the region when required. The role may involve travel; a driver's license, a car and a valid passport will be required.
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.
Note: The masculine gender is used to make the text more readable.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses