We are looking for an automation engineer or technician with proven experience in the field of industrial automation. For this positions, a minimum of five years of experience is required. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for programming PLCs, operator interfaces, SCADA according to the directives of the client and the project manager.
The following list summarize the tasks associated with this position:
- Discussion with the project manager and the client to define the needs;
- Selection of control equipment appropriate to the project needs;
- Preparation of a control architecture, main parts lists and PLC input / output lists;
- Programming of PLCs, HMIs and SCADA;
- Program testing before start-up at the customer's site;
- Testing of control panels at the manufacturer's shop;
- Supervision of the control system installation at the customer's site;
- Start-up of the control system at the plant;
- Communication with other team members, internal and external;
- Training of the customer's operators or technicians;
- Possibility of undertaking project management duties if the candidate shows potential and interest;
- Production support after start-up.
We are offering you a position where you will have the opportunity to grow as you gain experience, according to your aspirations. We have served our clients for several years, some since the very beginning in 2001, it is also the kind of long term relationship that we seek with our employees.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in electrical engineering, automated manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience;
- More than 5 years of relevant experience is required;
- Member of l'Ordre des Ingénieurs - an advantage;
- Good knowledge of industrial control system;
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs - an advantage;
- Knowledge of Schneider PLCs - an advantage;
- Knowledge of machine safety methods and standards - an advantage;
- Knowledge of SCADA software - an advantage;
- Knowledge of various industries - an advantage;
- Detailed design experience or as a draftsman - an advantage;
- French and English functional.
Role may involve travel, driver's license, automobile and valid passport will be required.
Note: The use of the masculine in the text is for the sole purpose of lightening the content.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses