MES Technical Expert
The technical expert MES, in addition to the responsibilities related to the position of MES programmer designer, acts as a technical leader in the team. He is actively involved in the definition of technical standards and methods in his field of expertise. He maintains his knowledge of the latest technologies and relays his acquired knowledge to his colleagues. He is also involved in business development efforts.
- Programming of MES software (GE suite, Wonderware, etc.)
- Integration with other systems using different middleware ( ERP, WES, AGV, etc.);
- Participation in the development of business logic;
- Testing and deployment of programs at the client;
- Training of the customer's operators or technician;
- Participation in brainstorming activities to solve complex technical problems;
- Participation in project meetings and those that require his technical skills;
- Coach and advise colleagues in his area of expertise;
- Implementation of software development process;
- Assists business development activities by offering technological solutions during the project evaluation and estimation process;
- Perform all other related tasks relating to this description.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who is motivated and willing to play an important role in our team. You will have to be creative to find working solutions. You also need to have a passion for learning new technologies.
The chosen candidate will have the following knowledge :
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering. electrical, automated production or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in his field of expertise;
- Member of l'Ordre des Ingénieurs - an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French;
- Programming experience (SQL, CSharp, Workflow, etc.);
- Ease of learning different types of programming language;
- Increased knowledge of conventions, standards and regulations governing their field of expertise;
- Knowledge of the Agile method - an asset ;
- Knowledge of various industries — an asset;
- Good communicator and easy to transmit knowledge;
- Have leadership initiative and good organization of work.
Most of the work is done in Montreal, but you must be able to travel outside of the region when required. The role may involve travel, a driver's licence, automobile and valid passport will be required.
Note: The use of the masculine in the text is intended only to lighten the content.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses