Process design engineer
We are integrators of automated systems with over 70 employees working in the fields of industrial controls, robotics and Industry 4.0 solutions. Founded in 2001, our customer base has proven to be loyal and is constantly growing. Our customer base spans various fields, such as pharmaceutical, food and dairy, cement, tires and more.
We are looking for a process design engineer with proven experience in the design of industrial processes, particularly in the fields of food and dairy or water. The process design engineer will have many project responsibilities, including project management, installation supervision and process design in an industrial setting. For this position, relevant experience of more than five years is required.The following list summarizes the tasks associated with this position:
- Discussion with the project manager and the client to define the needs;
- Preparation of the piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID);
- Preparation of the functional descriptions;
- Perform the load calculations for the pumps and piping;
- Prepare the design specifications and select the process equipment best suited to the project needs;
- Prepare the equipment layout drawings;
- Prepare 3-dimensional piping drawings for fabrication purposes;
- Prepare cost-estimates for the process equipment, with the project manager;
- Perform efficiency-improvement and loss-reduction projects;
- Communication with other members of the team;
- Prepare installation specifications and supervise the installation work at the customer's site.
We offer you a position where you will have the opportunity to grow as you gain experience, according to your aspirations. We've been serving our customers for many years, some since the very beginning in 2001, it's also the kind of long-term relationship we're looking for with our employees.
The chosen candidate will have the following knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, process or mechanical engineering;
- Professional engineer, member of l'Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Good knowledge of industrial processes (batch, continuous, food and dairy);
- Experience as a detailed designer or draftsman is an advantage;
- Knowledge of industrial automation - an advantage;
- Knowledge of various industries - an advantage;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Advanced French and English, both written and spoken.
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.
Note: The masculine gender is used to make the text more readable.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses