We are looking for an automation engineer or technicianwith demonstrated experience in industrial automation. For members of thesupport team, the successful candidate will have experience in debugging("troubleshooting") control systems, both on the electrical andprogramming side.
The following list summarizes the tasks associated with this position.
As part of the service role:
- Service calls to our customers, remotely or on site;
- Testing of control panels at the manufacturer;
- Initiation of programs at the client;
- Monitoring of the installation at the customer;
- Training of customer operators or technicians;
- Support for production after start-up.
In the context of projects, these tasks are added:
- Preparation of PLC input / output lists;
- Programming of PLCs, motion controllers, operatorinterfaces and SCADA;
- Communicate with other team members, internal andexternal;
- Program tests before commissioning at the customer
We are offering you a position where you will have the opportunity to grow as you gain experience, according to your aspirations. We have served our customers for several years, some since the very beginning in 2001, so this is the kind of long term relationship that we look for with our employees as well.
For this position, relevant experience of more than two years is required.
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Technical diploma in electrical engineering, automated production engineering or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge:
- Good knowledge of industrial control systems;
- PLC programming;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, on occasion;
- Knowledge of various industries - an asset;
- French and English functional.
The role involves travel, a driver's license, a car and a valid passport will be required.Note: The use of the masculine in the text is for the sole purpose of lightening the content.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Initiatives to obtain the bikesympathetic certification
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses