We are integrators of automated systems with over 75 employees working in the fields of process control, manufacturing control, robotic solutions, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) and software development. Founded in 2001, our customer base has proven to be loyal and is constantly growing. Our customer base spans various fields, such as pharmaceutical, food and dairy, cement, tires and more. PCI is recognized as an employer of choice with a strong organizational culture and a work environment conductive to professional growth.
We are looking for an electrical designer to perform the electrical design work required for industrial automation projects. According to the specifications provided, he will have to generate the electrical plans and supporting documents necessary for the production and installation of the control panel.
The following list summarize the tasks associated with this position:
- Validation of the selected control components with the project manager;
- Validation of the electrical specifications of the project (country, supply voltage, frequency, etc.)
- Calculation and document of electrical charges, heat dissipation, etc.
- Choose the necessary electrical protection systems;
- Compliance with the various standards and regulations during the design;
- Design of electrical drawing (distribution, control, layout, etc.) on See Electrical or other CAD software;
- Validation of the conformity of the plans (signed and sealed by an engineer);
- Update of the IO list, equipment list "As built" plan, etc.;
- Communication with other team members, internal and external;
- Support to the start-up team when necessary;
- Perform site surveys when needed.
We are offering you a position where you will have the opportunity to grow as you gain experience, according to your aspirations. We have served our clients for several years, some since the very beginning in 2001, it is also the kind of long term relationship that we seek with our employees.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in electrical engineering, automated manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of standards and regulations governing electrical design;
- Knowledge in at least one electrical design CAD software;
- French and English functional.
Role may involve travel, driver's license, automobile and valid passport will be required.
Note: The use of the masculine in the text is for the sole purpose of lightening the content.
- Flexible work schedules that favour a work-life balance
- An exceptional work space
- A training center
- A whole week of personal days
- Group health insurance
- Virtual clinic
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP)
- Ten statutory days
- Paid professional development courses
- Group RRSP, where PCI matches your contributions
- Free espresso, cappuccino or filtered coffee at our awesome coffee bar
- PCI sports team
- Social activities that include the legendary Friday happy hour and events that welcome spouses